Safe installation can be quite a difficult if you’re not sure what you’re doing. To help you through this process, we’ve provided an instructional guide below. This is ideally suited to safes that need to be bolted down, such as floor safes, hotel safes and wall safes.
- Location, location, location! Find the most secure location – one that is hidden away – for your safe.
- Measure the length and width of your safe…and then measure it again. Always double check your measurements because if you get them wrong, your safe will not fit in its desired place.
- If it is a floor safe, you will need to excavate a section out of the floor. If it is a wall safe, you will need to take the specified section out of the wall. Excavate the area according to your safe measurements. Tip: Give yourself a little bit of leeway to accommodate door openings, bolts etc. For best results, contact a certified trade professional.
- Once you’ve marked the area, place your safe into the wall/ floor.
- Screw expansion bolts into the pre-drilled holes in the safe.
- Make sure you can open the door with ease.
We hope this guide will make your safe installation process both quicker AND safer. If, however, you would like more information, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 1300 405 200.
Buy A Safe is Australia’s number one online safe retailer. Suffice to say, we have a whole lot of experience when it comes to safes, so feel free to reach out to us for any safe questions!